Participants complete an online Moodle course to prepare for item cluster writing. During the interactive course, participants:
- learn how performance expectations (PEs) are bundled for the Washington Comprehensive Assessment of Science (WCAS);
- learn how phenomena are used in item clusters;
- learn how stimuli and items are written to form an item cluster for a PE bundle;
- learn how items and clusters are aligned to the three-dimensional science standards; and
- explore the WCAS online training tests.
This course provides information and resources for science educators across Washington to participate in the Washington Comprehensive Assessment of Science (WCAS) Contrasting Groups Study, a component of the WCAS standard setting process.